Car accidents do not always require the involvement of a lawyer. You can settle some minor accidents with your insurance company. However, significant collisions can become complicated when deciding who is to pay for the damages. Before you contact an injury attorney, you need to conduct some research. One of the best ways to find a great attorney is to use the lawyer directory. The lawyer can then advise you whether it is worth pursuing the case. Here are five signs that you need to hire a car accident lawyer.
1. Severe Injuries. If the injuries you sustained prevent you from working or carrying on with your daily life, it is time to consult with an injury lawyer. The last thing you want to do is hesitate due to the statute of limitations that exists for a personal injury lawsuit. Present your case to a lawyer to find out what your injuries are worth. Insurance companies also try to blame the other driver so that they do not have to pay. The medical expenses may exceed the policy’s coverage. Each state differs regarding how much they allow accident victims to collect for their injuries. Having a legal professional who is familiar with these laws on your side is beneficial.
2. Defective Auto Part. A car wreck is one of the potential damaging types of accident. A host of different issues causes such accidents. If a faulty auto part caused the crash, you were involved in, contact an injury lawyer. The manufacturer of the defective auto part may be liable for your body and car damage. The only way to find out the best cause of action is by working with an experienced injury lawyer. Once the lawyer has your case details, they can start working on getting your compensation.
3. Problems with the Insurance Company. If a negligent party causes the accident, the insurance company should compensate the injured party. Most insurance companies try hard to lower the number of payouts they need to make to customers and injured individuals. If you decide to negotiate with an insurance company without a lawyer, it can end in a disaster. You can make costly mistakes if you are not familiar with the personal injury laws in your state.
4. Car Repair and Medical Bills. A car wreck can cause substantial damage to your car. Not only will your vehicle take a beating, but your body can also take a battering as well. If you have overdue car repair and medical bills following an accident that was not your fault, it is time you hired an accident lawyer. The attorney will help you get the compensation needed to pay these bills and get your life back on track following an accident.
5. The other Driver was not insured. Driving without insurance is a crime. If the other driver was not insured, they are likely to be taken to court on criminal charges after the collision. If you have uninsured motorist coverage, your policy will cover the damage. However, if you do not have uninsured motorist coverage, contact an attorney to help you file a suit against the other driver in an attempt to collect reimbursement for any damage.
Always hire an accident attorney if navigating the aftermath of a car accident begins to feel too complicated.