Focus Designs has a new version of their self-balancing unicycle for sale. This improves upon their original design in several ways. The battery pack has moved to LiFePO4, which is becoming more common in electric transportation. There’s also regenerative braking and fall protection which kills the motor when you fall off. You’re at about 10 mph in a couple seconds without even thinking about it. There is no clutch pedal to contend with and no race-car driving techniques to perform.
* Style: 1-seat, open-top, single-wheel-drive electric self balancing unicycle.
* Drivetrain: Direct drive, variable speed with electronic motor control.
* Motor: Permanent magnet brushless DC motor with variable drive.
* Efficiency: 85%
* Throttle: Rider lean detection determines speed and direction.
* Chassis: High strength 7005 aluminum frame.
* Seat: Deluxe gel unicycle saddle, adjustable height.
* Suspension: The tire and your body.
* Wheel: Heavy duty alloy hub motor.
* Tire: Quality high PSI. Size: 20?x2.125?
* Brakes: 1000W regenerative braking via the hub motor.
* Acceleration: 0 to 10 mph in 1 second
* Speed: About 10 mph (depending on the rider’s weight)
* Range: About 12 miles (depending on the terrain)
* Battery Life: Over 1000 cycles.
* Battery: Custom high quality LiFePO4 lithium-ion phosphate 38.4 volt battery.
* Full Charge Time: About 2 hours.
* Charger: Custom international 2A fast charger. 100 to 240VAC.
* Built: Camas, Washington USA
* Overall length (in. / mm) 20.0 / 508.0
* Overall width – pedals folded: (in. / mm) 13.5 / 342.9
* Overall width – pedals ready to ride: (in. / mm) 17.0 / 431.8
* Overall height: (in. / mm) 34.5 / 876.3
* Curb weight (lbs/kgs) 29 / 13
* Leg Room (in./mm) unlimited / unlimited
* Front Head Room (in./mm) unlimited / unlimited
* Front Shoulder Room (in./mm) unlimited / unlimited