There are many ways to more affordable but adequate automobile insurance coverage. However, some of them might leave you slightly compromised. However, in this article, I’ll show you a few proven steps for paying less while you have sufficient coverage….
1. You are eligible for a considerable discount if a child on your policy does not drive the car for a protracted time frame because he/she is away at school. Don’t miss this if your kid is away at school. Just note that not all insurers have this discount.
2. There are cars that cost much more to insure. So have this at the back of your mind when you go to buy your next car. Avoid any car that has a high theft rate and/or a poor crash rating.
In addition, it will also take much more to insure a car that is more costly to fix or maintain. Asking the right questions will make it easy for you to avoid expensive-to-insure cars and get more affordable rates.
3. If you decide to pay your premiums monthly, you’ll pay higher rates. Notwithstanding the fact that this alternative is always more convenient, it costs more for some reasons..
Every check that is processed attracts a charge. In a year, your monthly checks would be processed separately because they are all different transactions. This implies that transaction fees would be 12 times more for those who make monthly payments.
Apart from this there are also administrative costs that come with the monthly payment option. For example, it costs some money to send payment notices each and every month.
The additional administrative cost to an insurer is eventually borne by you (that’s apart from their own profit margin for giving you such a “stressless” alternative).
4. Electronic Funds Transfer (abbreviated as EFT) is a painless way to lower your automobile insurance rate. This just means your insurer withdraws your premiums automatically from your account each month without sending you payment notices. This saves your insurer in many ways including eliminating the cost of mailing payment notices and the cost associated with processing checks. An insurance company gives you part of what they save by reducing your rates.
5. You can get cheaper rates on auto insurance now by visiting not less than five quotes sites. Each site will require around 5 minutes or less to obtain quotes. (Some people present information that are not quite true about themselves. That isn’t a smart move as the quotes you’ll get this way will NOT do you any good).
You’ll simply choose the best auto insurance quote for you from the list of quotes received. It’s as simple as that. Nevertheless you could make savings hundreds of dollars.
Get more tips at Cheep Car Insurance and California Car Insurance Quote. Chimezirim Odimba writes on insurance.